I hope I don't win

3/24/11

Tomorrow I will be attending the first ever Student Media Awards at Kennesaw State University as a nominee.

I hope I don't win.

I'm excited to be a guest and get recognized for the work that I did. I appreciate the paper and all of the staff for all of their work too, so I am not saying this out of disrespect.

But, I want more.

I want to be told that "I can do better." Because, I know I can. Right now, I am still a student crafting a platform and developing a writing style, so there must be room for improvement.

If I get an award tomorrow, I will accept it, shake hands, and put it on a wall, but I will not be satisfied.

Sentinel, light a fire under my belly. Tell me I'm not good enough. I dare you.

It will be the best decision that you could have made.

No comments:

Post a Comment